Alright, so lets tackle a big issue most people have a hard time understanding: Jungling. For those of you who are new to games like LoL, or just have never seen it done, Jungling is when a character goes into the jungle to kill neutral creeps rather then go to a lane. The strategy behind this is that there will be two lanes with 1 person, meaning its like having 2 solo lanes, which means MOAR EXP! On top of that, you also have one member of the team constantly MIA (or SS, wherever your from), which is great if the character is a good ganker, such as Amumu or Lee Sin. Seems like a pretty great strategy and all, but with all strategies come flaws.
The biggest problem most people have with jungling is that there's a chance that your solo-laner will be going against 2 opponents (usually the case if there's not an enemy jungler). Not a whole lot of champions can handle that kind of pressure, and usually die early, making it less beneficial for the entire strategy in the first place. This can be remedied by having specific champions that are just amazing at solo laning, like Nasus, Garen, and Nidalee. In the end, it comes down to your skill with the champion though, and your jungler's skill at ganking. which leads me to the next problem...
I know between my group of friends, I never hear enough of the phrase "GG OUR JUNGLER IS TERRIBLE!". Indeed, a bad jungler is the end of a team more often then not, but what constitutes a "bad" jungler? If you do any of the following, be prepared for rage from your fellow teammates:
- Neglect tower defense to finish killing a neutral camp
- Neglect ganks on low health or otherwise easy kills
- Refuse to defend for a hurt ally that needs to heal
- Refuse to teamfight because "you dont have a buff"
I promised Munch I wasn't gonna be the "Tryhard that says exactly what you have to do and when you have to do it". If your looking for that, I'm not that guy. That being said, these are GUIDELINES for Jungling, not a must do. Jungling does take practice though, and these points listed above are a good starting place. If I get a request, I'll put up a general jungle guide, and who should and SHOULDN'T be in the jungle (you have no idea how pissed i get when i see a jungle Karthus...)
I'll be releasing more information on champion strategies and playstyle, as well as general LoL changes (I'm very limited on my MOBA knowledge, I generally leave that to Munch). Stay tuned for more strategies, information, and overall AWESOMENESS!
what about jungle soraka?
ReplyDeleteoh god, all my rage...
ReplyDeleteYou need to have Rally in order to do it properly. :P
ReplyDeletedont forget Revive Munch =P
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, it is virtually possible to jungle with anyone. Simply some are better choices than others.
ReplyDeleteyeah, ive made malz jungle before. it was actually pretty scary, those ganks are retarded. but its just not worth it, some champs are just way better in the lanes.
ReplyDelete