Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rise of Immortals gets “Steamed”

About a week or so ago, I wrote an article on my opinions on Rise of Immortals (Read it here). In it, I admit, I kind of trashed it. However, most of my biggest frustrations came from the inability to actually play the game. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who was upset about this and Petroglyph Games apparently heard. They have now brought their game to Steam of all things! Hit the jump to here more.
I actually feel really bad that I didn’t notice this earlier, LMAO! Rise of Immortals (RoI) is officially downloadable from Steam’s Client. Actually, funny story, I found out by ACCIDENT when a friend of mine harassed me about “TEAM FORTRESS TWO IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” and wanted me to play with him. I hate TF2, but that’s irrelevant. So, I went to Steam’s ‘Free To Play’ section and I find RoI, right on the front page, lmao! I re-downloaded it, so that it was synched to my Steam Account, and decided to give it ONE more whirl, since it was that or TF2. And, my biggest complaint was officially gone! I got into a match in about two minutes! I was ecstatic! Granted, the champions were still kinda’ goofy sounding and it’s still awkward compared to it’s competitors, but ACTUALLY getting to play with people for an ENTIRE match was just great. As of right now, it’s definitely worth a second look, and I’m looking forward to playing more matches of it. I will say that my new complaint is that it seems that there are more Steam Players then MOBA Players, lol. I know I can’t be THAT good at this game. :P OH! And the addition of Achievements is a truly welcome addition to the game! So get in there and pwn someone!
Get an account and wreck someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment