So, it’s been a little bit of time since Dominion has been released and everyone is feverishly making their own opinions on everything regarding to it. As if right now, I’ve played about 20+ Games of Dominion with 4 or so champions, so I feel like I’ve gotten a pretty good gist of the game. I can say with the utmost confidence, that Dominion will NOT be replacing the traditional 5v5 anytime soon. Dominion is, in all honesty, not very DOTA-esque. Which is actually a good thing, lol. The gameplay is made to be enjoyed by people who like the aspects of the DOTA Genre, but not all the drama and pacing (and in some ways, skill) that comes in to it’s 45+ min games.
I think that Dominion is just a fun, new way to enjoy your old LoL. I will say that I LOVE the new items and wish they would bring some over to the 5v5 side, because they are so cool. (HEXTECH SWEEPER, HEXTECH SWEEPER!!!!!!) Later, I’ll post an entry on the special new items and what I feel their usefulness is, but know that they are all really cool. (ESPECIALLY THE HEXTECH SWEEPER) I do think that stealthies, who have been nerfed and poked and prodded on since the advent of season one, finally have a home they can excel in. And the ranged DPS DOES have a stronger role in this fast paced game. Also, as odd as it may be, Global Ultis are NOT the biggest problem, lol. I mean, Karth or GP killing you with their Ultis or stopping you from capturing a point if just the same as in a traditional 5v5, so it’s not that big of a deal really. I find that the overall experience is very well balanced and very satisfying. I can’t wait to see my fellow Summoner’s Dominating the Crystal Scar with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment