Friday, May 11, 2012

Realm of the Titans Beta Test - Day One

Munch here, just got done with my first full day of playing Realm of the Titans in it's latest Beta Test! Just as a heads-up to everyone, I've been playing this game since Aeria Games held an Alpha Test over a year ago. Since then, I've been waiting patiently for another Beta Test, so I'm genuinely excited for this game.







The selection of Titans (Heroes? I'm still trying to figure that one out, if anyone can clarify, that would be great) is not as large as the last Beta Test, but I've been told that more and more Titans will be released as the game goes on. Still, the starting line-up is surprisingly robust and has given me an excuse to play characters not named "Exsul." Seriously, when he finally does come out, watch out. He will destroy all of your mages.


In the mean time, I've found myself playing a lot of the following three Titans:


Rhaddam, a Tank who wasn't formally announced by them in their character list, but I've seen a bunch of times. He's pretty cool, I like the fact that he has an AoE Pull and Slow, which, when combined with the right Titan Skills, is an automatic kill on almost anyone. It's a little tricky to get down just right, but once you do, it's awesome. He's also got the best voice I've heard so far.


Selena, a Caster who uses Gravity. I'm still trying to figure out where/what she's supposed to do, but I really like her for some reason. She creates traps that last for 10 seconds and deal great damage early on, but it tapers off as the match goes on. Her Ulti is, essentially, a big DPS wave that can drop 5 weaker versions of her trap. She's really tricky, but loads of fun.


Finally, the Gadgetmeister, who is, frankly, a beast. Seriously, I love this guy and I'm mad I didn't try him sooner. He makes clones of the enemy, has them attack the enemy, then explode and deal damage to the enemy. I basically killed my opponent midlane 3 times in a row with just that one ability. He's super good, lmao.


Overall, I'm really liking the little tweaks they've given to RoTT, but I do feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Also, I figure a lot of it will be fixed when it goes into it's official "Open Beta," so I'm not too worried. Stay tuned for tomorrow's recap and stay posted to my stream, I'll be going live from time to time this weekend.


~Munch (Wiz Vault on RoTT)


http://www.own3d.tv/wizvault

No comments:

Post a Comment